Updating Your Data | Yext Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- How to update entity fields
- Which fields can be managed
Overview of Updating Your Data
You can both view and update the information you have stored in Content using Knowledge Assistant for the following field types:
- Photo fields
- Text fields
- Yes/No fields
- Date / time fields
- Address fields
- Phone fields
- Number fields
- Hours fields
This includes both built-in and custom fields.
To get started, you can say things like:
- “Update photo”
- “Change address”
- “Add description” And so on….
As you learned in , Knowledge Assistant will gather any additional information needed to carry out the action if there’s any ambiguity, like specifying which entity or which field of that type if there are multiple.
For some complex fields, it may also require multiple messages to send the update, like for hours or address where there are multiple sub-fields. Knowledge Assistant will walk you through what information is needed and take shortcuts where possible to make it as seamless as possible for you.
Keep in mind that Knowledge Assistant uses the same user permissions you have when making updates via the Platform. If you don’t have permissions to update a field, you won’t be able to do so via Knowledge Assistant and any fields where you require approval to update will go through the approval workflow in Suggestions.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few recommendations for updating data using the Knowledge Assistant:
- You can specify an entity easily using the entity ID if you have it, like “add photos to entity ID 123” which can help to short-circuit the process if you have a lot of entities in the same location
- You can skip a couple steps if you’re adding a photo by just beginning the conversation with the photo – no need to say “I want to add a photo”
- If you’re updating an address, you can update an individual sub-field or the full address depending on the type of change you’re trying to make