In the September ‘21 monthly release, we made Google Local Posting available for Enterprise Customers. With the November ‘21 release, Google Local Posting is now available for Hotel entities. Google Local Posts allow businesses to communicate directly with their customers through timely updates about the business such as announcements around sales, specials, events, news, and offers.
Users can send local posts for Hotel entity types in the Post sub-tab under Listings.
To create a Google Local Post:
- Hover over Listings in the top navigation bar and click on the Post Sub-tab.
- Click on the text box.
- Make sure the Google icon is selected. When a publisher is selected, the icon will be colored.
- Add content to create your post. Google Local Posts have a 1,500 character limit.
- Select the Hotel entities you would like to post to. Otherwise, all entities will be selected by default.
- (Optional) To add an Event or Call to Action to a Google Local Post, click + Add Event or + Add Call to Action.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox next to COVID-19 Related Post.
a. These posts will appear more prominently on a Google listing and must only be used to communicate COVID-19 related content, such as hours changes, temporary closure, or attribute updates. Photos are not supported for this post type.
- Click Post Now to publish your post, or click on the drop-down button next to Post Now to schedule the post for a future date and time.
For more information about creating a Google Local Post, see the Create a social post help article.