User Interface (UI) QA| Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- An overview of User Interface QA
- The three types of UI issues
What is User Interface (UI) QA?
Once you’re comfortable with the search results, you want to make sure that those results are visually appealing. As part of the User Interface QA process, you want to confirm that your experience looks consistent throughout, and that there are no visual defects. You’ll want to ensure the look and feel of the experience matches any brand guidelines and expectations. This includes but is not limited to the color scheme and fonts within the experience.
What are the three types of UI issues?
If you’re noticing an issue or something looks wrong with the frontend of your search experience, it’s likely due to one of the following issues:
- Visual: An issue with the branding or layout of visual components.
- Data: Data mapping or text labels on the experience are incorrect.
- Technical: Functional issues with the user interface.
Now that you have a better understanding of the various types of issues you may encounter when QAing the front end, you’ll be better able to debug your experience!