What is Hitchhikers? | Yext Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- What the Yext Hitchhikers Program is and what’s included
- The Hitchhikers Lifecycle
- What Hitchhikers can do for you
- The types of skills you’ll learn as part of the program
Welcome to the Hitchhikers Program!
We couldn’t be more excited that you’ve decided to embark on this journey with us. In this track, we’ll teach you all about what the Hitchhikers Program is and what it means to be a Hitchhiker.
Let’s get started!
What is the Hitchhikers Program?
The Hitchhikers Program is designed to train power users to optimize search experiences and develop solutions on top of Yext’s technology, especially Content, Pages and Search.
There are two main components to the program:
- Learning Platform: A comprehensive platform to train you on how to get the most out of the Yext Search Experience Cloud.
- Community: A place to ask questions, learn best practices, and connect with peers. The Community will include an online forum, as well as offline activities and opportunities.
Everything you need to know about the Yext platform is on this site, so you’re in the right place. All you need is some time and an eagerness to learn new things. We’ll be here to help you along the way.
Who are Hitchhikers?
A Hitchhiker is anyone who is engaging with the Learning Platform or Community, anyone who is eager to learn how to optimize their search experience, or anyone who wants to drive transactions and conversions.
Hitchhikers can be:
- Employees working at large brands or small businesses, who are looking to find ways to improve their own brand search experience.
- Partners at agencies, system integrators, or consulting firms who are looking to build optimized solutions for their customers.
- Employees at Yext who are committed to delivering high-quality search experiences.
- Anyone else who is excited to learn more about the possibilities of search!
No matter where you work, there are a few key personas and skill sets that align with being a Hitchhiker:
The Yext Administrator: A jack-of-all-trades responsible for implementing the solution and managing ongoing optimization, such as solution updates and data analysis.
The Yext Architect: An integration wiz with a strategic mind, responsible for building a solution that fits an organization’s business goals.
The Yext Developer: An experienced developer who knows how to use Yext’s APIs, Command Line Interface, and developer tools to create highly customized experiences.
The Yext Project Manager: An organizer who isn’t afraid to hold the clipboard and keep the team in line, responsible for maximizing the value of Yext.
The Hitchhikers Lifecycle
Fundamental to the Yext philosophy is that search experiences require continuous optimization to be successful. You cannot set up a search experience and then tap out, expecting it to run successfully in perpetuity. You need to be reactive. You have to see what consumers are searching for, how the search experience changes, what consumers expect, and adapt.
We call this the Hitchhikers Lifecycle: Strategize, Build, Optimize.
Why Become a Hitchhiker?
This program is designed not only to make you a Yext platform expert, but also to help you develop skills to take you further in your career.
Learn industry knowledge: The search industry is one of the fastest growing, and mission critical, parts of the marketing stack. Throughout the Hitchhikers Program, you’ll learn about how the industry works, why each product is critical to a brand’s success, and additional marketing fundamentals, like SEO.
Build experiences that drive conversion: They say that not all heroes wear capes. The Hitchhikers Program will give you the tools you need to become your brand’s hero — whether that brand is where you work or is a customer of yours. The search experiences you build will increase visibility, drive conversion, decrease support costs, and improve the overall customer experience. As you implement the Hitchhikers Lifecycle, you’ll wow your stakeholders with your forward-thinking approaches to tackling business challenges.
How to Get Started
It’s easy – finish the quiz below and then click Submit. Once you (successfully) answer the questions, you’ll be taken to the next unit where we’ll deep dive into how the Learning Platform works.
Congrats on finishing your first unit!