Data Model Example - Food Services | Yext Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- Common entity types used in Food Services data model
- How data is modeled in example scenarios
Common Entity Types in Food
There are a lot of types that are common in food accounts, this includes:
- Restaurant - this can be used for Restaurants, Cafes, Bars or other places where a customer would order and consume a meal
- Events - this can be used for any events that a restaurant or brand would host
- Jobs - this can be used for available or featured jobs at restaurants or at corporate offices
- FAQs - this can be used to store common guest or customer questions and answers to help cut down on support costs and improve guest experience
- Menu Item (Custom) - many restaurant groups choose to create a custom type for Menu Items if they want to have landing pages or Result cards in Search for their menu items (remember: if they want to sync menu items to listings, they’ll need to turn on the Menu ECL)
- Services (Custom) - many restaurant groups choose to create a custom type for Services they provide like Catering or Delivery if they want to have a landing page or Result cards in Search for these services
- Local Services (Custom) - many restaurant groups choose to create a custom type for Local Services that describe one of their services specific to a location or services area if they want to have a landing page for these services
Remember: if a customer wants to sync their Menus to publishers in our Menus Publisher Pack, they’ll need to turn on Menu ECLs, which are separate from Entity Types for now.
A restaurant group wants to:
- List their Restaurants with Menu Syncing
- Build pages for Restaurants and services at each restaurant (e.g., catering at 123 Main St, delivery at 13 Main St)
- Feature Restaurants, Menu items, Services (generic), Limited Time Offers, Jobs and FAQs in Search
We would model their account with:
- Menu ECLs
- Location Service
- Menu Item
- Limited Time Offer
Here’s what their graph might look like:
Daily Quiz Streak: 0
Quiz Accuracy Streak: 0
Question 1 of 2
True or False: A restaurant can sync their menus to listings with a custom entity menu item.
Question 2 of 2
True or False: Restaurants should use the Location entity to store their restaurants
Way to go, you passed! 🏁
You've already completed this quiz, so you can't earn more points.You completed this quiz in 1 attempt and earned 0 points! Feel free to review your answers and move on when you're ready.
Sign up for Hitchhikers to start earning points!
If you're already a Hitchhiker, log in to access this content.
<% elem.innerText %>