If you’re already a Hitchhiker, log in to access this content.
Key Analytics Metrics for Pages| Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- Why are analytics important?
- What we track for Pages
- Differences between Page Builder and Custom Development
Why is Tracking Analytics Important?
In order to prove the effectiveness and value of your Pages, you need to be able to quantify the performance with hard data. Pages analytics give you the ability to measure many different metrics that will help you prove your KPIs. With these metrics, you can understand how users are getting to your site and what they do once they’re there.
What is Tracked?
We track the following metrics on a per page basis:
- Page Views: The number of times a consumer has seen your page.
- Sessions: The total number of daily unique visitors to your page.
- Driving Directions: The number of consumers who click to get driving directions.
- Tap to Call: The number of consumers who tap to call your phone number.
- Call to Action Clicks: The number of consumers who click a call to action.
- Click to Website: The number of consumers who click through to your corporate domain.
Google Search Metrics
- Google Search Impressions: The number of times a page has appeared in a Google search results page for a user.
- Google Search Clicks: The number of times a user clicked on a page from a search result.
- Google Search Click Through Rate: The percentage of time users clicked on links to your Yext Pages when they appeared in search results.
- Google Search Average Position: The average position of the topmost result from your Yext Pages in search results.
These analytics are automatically tracked once your Pages are live, and are viewable within the Analytics tab, which you’ll learn about in the Analytics module.
Differences between Page Builder and Custom Development Pages
You’ll be able to view all of the aforementioned metrics for both Page Builder and Custom Development Pages. However, with Custom Development, you are able to more granularly tag any clickable customer action on your page so that you can visualize it in the Report Builder. Reach out to your Yext team if you’d like to add any custom analytics events to your Consulting pages!
For a refresher on the differences between Page Builder and Custom Development Pages, view our Pages Overview module.