How to Launch on Google| Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- How to launch locations on Google Business Profile
As we mentioned in a previous unit, Google, Facebook, and Apple all require additional steps for launch that are specific to that publisher and therefore need to be launched individually. Users will submit additional information for these sites and this information will be reviewed by internal teams at Yext to configure the appropriate settings.
How to launch locations on Google Business Profile
You can simply click Listings in the navigation bar and click All Listings. Then, click on the More Actions button and select Listings Launch from the drop-down menu.
Once you click Listings Launch, click on the Google Business Profile icon.
This will launch the Google Business Profile Launch form. In the launch form you will include the following information:
- Select the entities you would like to launch on Google Business Profile.
Grant Yext Access to Manage your Location Group.
- This requires you to take steps in your Google account. For more information on how to do this, see the Grant Yext Access to your Google Business Profile groups Help article.
- Once you have taken the necessary steps, select the checkbox to acknowledge that you have completed this process launch form](/img/listings/gmb_launch_form1.png)
Enter the desired Brand Settings for your Google Business Profile listings.
- Enter your Brand Names and Location Group Names, and indicate whether you would like to give Yext access to initiate ownership conflict resolution on your behalf.
Select your Field Settings.
- This allows you to enable or disable the syncing of certain fields to Google Business Profile from the Knowledge Graph. Note that these settings are applied account-wide.
- For more information on the Publisher Configuration, see the Which Data Sync to Listings module.
Once you click Request Launch the site will be marked with a green checkmark that says Requested.
A ticket will then be submitted to Yext’s internal teams to review and make sure we have all the necessary information. If additional information is required, Yext will follow up. Otherwise, we will work to sync the listings.