If you’re already a Hitchhiker, log in to access this content.
How to Launch on Facebook for Locations| Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- Facebook launch form
- User generated content and common use cases to limit
As we mentioned in a previous unit, Google My Business, Facebook, and Apple all require additional steps for launch that are specific to that publisher and therefore need to be launched individually. Users will submit additional information for these sites and this information will be reviewed by internal teams at Yext to configure the appropriate settings.
How to launch locations on Facebook
Before you get started, The first step is to link your Facebook account with Yext, as a linked account is required in order to launch on Facebook. For more information on linking your account, see the Authentication and Linked Account unit in the Listings Sync Process module.
Once your account is linked, if you have not launched any Listings yet, you can simply click on the Facebook icon on the Locations sub-tab of Listings.
If you have already launched on some sites, click on the Locations sub-tab, then click on the Select Action button and select Request Launch.
Once you click Request Launch, click on the Facebook icon. This will launch the Facebook Launch form. In the launch form you will include the following information:
- Select the entities you would like to launch on Facebook.
- Enter your Brand Page Details.
- This is the name and URL of your Brand Pages.
- Select the desired Brand Settings for your Facebook location pages.
- This will inform our internal teams on how to standardize your Facebook-specific fields across your entities (e.g., Location Descriptor, Username).
One component of the Brand Settings is the User Actions section where you can designate how users are able to interact with your Facebook locations pages. The next section provides more details and important considerations to keep in mind for user interactions.
4. Select your Field Settings.
- This allows you to enable or disable the syncing of certain fields to Facebook from the Knowledge Graph. Note that these settings are applied account-wide.
- For more information on these settings, see the Listings Sync Settings module.
Once you click Request Launch the site will be marked with a green checkmark that says Requested.
A ticket will then be submitted to Yext’s internal teams to review and make sure we have all the necessary information. If additional information is required, Yext will follow up. Otherwise, we will work to push the listings Live.
Launch Form User Actions Considerations
There is a variety of user generated content that is allowed to take place on Facebook. In your launch checklist, you have the option to enable or disable some of this user-generated content.
- Allowing users to create text posts on your location pages
- Then if you do allow this, you can additionally allow users to create photo and video posts on your location pages.
- Allowing users to directly message your location pages
- Allowing users to tag photos and videos published on your location pages.
We recommend paying specific attention to these options to ensure that you select the right settings.
For example, if you are going to allow users to directly message your pages, do you have a process set up to respond to these messages? Not responding to these messages can result in a poor customer experience.
Alternatively, depending on your industry there may be compliance protocol that you need to follow. When a user has access to post on your page, you do not have control over that user’s content, and do not always have the option to remove it (unless it breaches Facebook’s policies and guidelines), and it may breach some of your internal policies, or just have unintended consequences to your brand’s messaging.