If you’re already a Hitchhiker, log in to access this content.
Activate & Publish Page Builder Pages| Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- The steps to activate your page
- The steps to publish your page
After your CNAME record has fully propagated, you are ready to publish your page.
Note: You cannot activate a page until your subdomain is properly set up.
Publishing Your Pages
Publishing Pages is a two step process:
Step 1: Activate your Template
- Click Pages in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Sites sub-tab.
- Click Edit next to the Site the Template is under.
- Review the Status of the Template. If it is Active proceed to the next step. Otherwise, click Edit next to the template and click Activate in the top right corner.
Step 2: Publish
- Add Pages Feature Pack to the entity. This adds service and will allow you to publish the page.
- Only pages with a feature pack will be published.
Add the Landing Page URL
You can automatically push your Landing Page URL to the Website URL field in the Knowledge Graph when the Page is published. To set this up:
- Navigate to Account Settings.
- Click Pages Settings in the left side bar.
- Toggle the Auto-populate Website field with Pages URL? field to Yes.
If you also use Yext Listings, when this setting is on, we’ll publish the Landing Page URL to the Knowledge Network whenever you publish a page. To do so, we’ll populate the Website field for each entity with the Landing Page URL.
One important thing to note is that if you change the Website field to another URL, but do not update this setting, our system will continue to override the URL with the Landing Page URL.
This is the last step in the process, and is extremely helpful for SEO, as you may remember from the Intro to SEO Module. To increase visibility and create backlinks and citations, it is critical that your Listings in the Knowledge Network point to the Landing Pages you power through Yext, and this feature helps you set that up automatically.