This is an update that you can add if you are hoping to add interactions between another field on a page and your Answers experience. This is a necessary step if you are looking to set up the case deflection solution on one of our partners like Zendesk or Salesforce. Note: if you created your Answers experience from a Zendesk free trial or with the Help Site Solution Template or Support Solution Template, this has been done for you.
- Open the frontend of the experience you want to add Case Deflection functionality for.
- Open the headincludes.hbs file. Is there anything in it? Probably not!
- If there isn’t, copy the code from this file (this file is what’s in the Support Solution Templates) into your headincludes.hbs file.
- QA your experience to make sure it works the same. You won’t notice any differences when testing with a live preview.
- Commit and publish your changes once you’ve confirmed everything looks good.
- Now, you can set up Case Deflection with one of our partners - Salesforce, Zendesk, or others and there will be interaction between the Case form and your Answers Experience.
Let us know if you have any questions!