In this release, we have improved the experience for the process of adding data into the platform. Now, when a user clicks “Add Data,” a modal with options is presented, which keeps users on the Entity Search page and lets them choose their next action from there. Below is a list of specific improvements to the “Add Data” modal:
- Reduced the number of clicks for adding a single entity.
- Users can see enabled entity types in the modal and can click one to immediately enter the “Add Single Entity” flow for that entity type, without leaving the Entity Search screen.
- Can click to “Build a Connector” or click to “Install an App.”
- Clicking “Install an App” will bring users to a filtered view of the App Directory, which is filtered just to apps that contain a Connector.
- The “Upload a File” option is contained in the modal as well.
These enhancements make it easier than ever for users to add data into the Yext platform.