Step 1: Confirm SAML is Enabled in the Yext Account
Configuration for SAML must be done in two places: the identity provider (IDP) and the service provider (SP). The IDP is the software tool or service that stores users and performs authentication. The SP is the application that the user is trying to access, which is Yext in this case.
Prior to configuring the IDP and SP, you need to make sure that you can access the necessary configuration settings, which requires that SAML SSO is enabled in your account and that your user has permission to manage users for the account.
Before You Begin
In order to access SAML Configuration settings complete the following steps:
Step 1: Confirm your Yext account has been configured to use SAML SSO
- Navigate to Account Settings, do you see the SAML Configuration tile under User Access Management?
- If you do, then your account is already configured to use SAML SSO and you can skip ahead to configure the identity provider.
- If not, continue with the below steps.
Step 2: Confirm your Yext user has permission to Manage and View Users
- Navigate to Account Settings > User Access Management > Users and find your user in the table. Check what role has been assigned to your user.
- Navigate to Account Settings > User Access Management > Roles and find your assigned role in the table. Select that role and navigate to the Platform tab. Under Account Management, find Users and see if Manage and View are checked.
- If you already have these permissions, continue to Step 3.
- If these aren’t checked, then you’ll need to assign a role with permission to Manage and View Users to your user. See Overview of Users, Roles, and Permissions module for instructions.
Step 3: View the SAML Configuration page
- Navigate to Account Settings and see if the SAML Configuration tile is available.
- If you do, then SAML SSO is already enabled in your account.
- If not, please contact your Yext Account Manager to enable this for your account.