Introduction| Hitchhikers Platform
Webhooks are a simple way for you to configure Yext to push updates to an external application when certain events happen within Yext systems. We strongly recommend subscribing to webhook events rather than polling the API to detect changes in the Yext Knowledge Graph.
You will need:
- A Yext account
- A Yext app - if you have not yet created one, follow our Get Started guide to get one set up.
- Access to the API or APIs for the webhooks you are interested in
- A URL you want the webhook to send messages to (Webhook URL)
Notes to keep in mind:
- In order to ingest Yext webhook messages, the endpoint will need to support SSL in Java8 and have a signed certificate from a certificate authority.
- More information on our specific webhook functionality can be found in the Webhooks documentation.