As you know, Turtlehead Tacos wants to feature their Community Stories with dedicated schema-optimized Pages and make them a searchable vertical in Answers.
In the Entity Types Module, you created the Entity Type for “Community Story” and added the Videos and Description fields. Now, it’s time to add more fields for this type and a new field for the Restaurant type to store promotions.
In this challenge, you will add fields to the Community Story entity type and the Restaurant entity type. Some of these fields will be built-in fields so be sure to check for those first before creating new fields or defining new field types.
Navigate to Account Settings > Manage Entity Types and click the dropdown next to Community Story > Edit Fields.
Add the following fields to the Community Story Type in the “Core Information” section:
Organizer Email - add the built-in field to store the email address of the main point-of-contact.
Theme - create a new field allowing users to select from a list of options:
- Name: Theme
- API Name:
- Field Specification: Multi-Option select
- Type: Multi-Option Select
- Available Options: Environment, Education, Health, Arts, Criminal Justice, Hunger & Homelessness, Immigration
Goal - create a new field allowing users to enter a short description of the program’s goal.
- Name: Goal
- API Name:
- Field Specification - Type: Single line Text
Primary CTA - create a new field allowing users to enter a call-to-action on Answers and Pages.
- Name: Primary CTA
- API Name:
- Field Specification - Type: Call to Action
Now you want to add a new Custom Field Type for Restaurant Promotions. Navigate to Account Settings > Custom Field Types and click “+ Add Custom Field Type”.
- Name the type “Promotion”
Add 4 subfields with the types and names exactly as listed below:
Subfield Type: Single-line text
Subfield Name: Title
Subfield Type: Photo
Subfield Name: Photo
Subfield Type: Multi-line text
Subfield Name: Description
Subfield Type: URL
Subfield Name: URL
Navigate to Account Settings > Manage Entity Types or Account Settings > Custom Fields and create a new Custom Field on the Restaurant Type called “Restaurant Promotions” using the new type you just defined. Add the field to the “Core Information” section.
- Name: Restaurant Promotions
- API name of
- Field Specification:
- Type: Promotion
- “Make it a List” selected
- Custom validation to have a max of 3 items
- Field Availability: Restaurant
Make sure that you name the fields, types and options exactly as provided
Make sure you add the field type specified in the instructions? Some common mistakes include
- Adding a field of type Complex Photo, instead of Photo
- Adding a field of type single-option select instead of multi-option select, or vice versa
- Adding a field of type multiline text instead of single-line text, or vice versa
Double check the instructions and make sure you’re adding the right field type!