Module Assessment | Yext Hitchhikers Platform
The Turtlehead Team is really impressed with the work that you’ve put into the project so far and they realize that they can store even more data in Yext, specifically Jobs, so that the information can later be featured in Search and Pages. They are still using their ATS (Applicant Tracking System - in this case, Greenhouse) as the source of truth for the data and they plan to turn on the Yext/Greenhouse App Directory App to sync the data long term so that when they add new open positions to Greenhouse they are automatically synced to Yext
For now, you need to:
- Enable additional entity types in Yext
- Add some additional custom fields
- Do an initial upload of the data and save the upload configuration
- Add an entity template
- Folder the job entities
- Add a user with access to the Jobs folder from the Recruiting team
Before you start this challenge, make sure you’ve completed all of the modules in this track. The instructions are meant to challenge you and will provide less detail at each step than in the feature-specific modules. Don’t hesitate to reference past modules if you’re stuck or can’t remember!
Enable the Job type in Yext and review the built-in fields that come with it so you’re familiar with its schema.
Check the that the Turtlehead team sent and review the fields to determine what kinds of fields you should create to store the data that they’re sending. For example, you should notice that they are providing Job Qualifications with rich text in markdown format, so you’ll definitely need to add a Rich Text field.
Update the fields on the Job Entity Type and create new custom fields. Fields should include:
In Core Information Section:
- Job Department,
c_jobDepartment, single-option select with Marketing, Finance, Operations, Restaurant Team, Culinary Creations, Legal, HR, and Other – (note: make sure you do NOT set this as multi-option select and make sure that you do NOT check off “Make it a List”)
In Job Details Section:
- Job Qualifications,
c_jobQualifications, Rich Text V2
c_benefits, Text List
- Associated FAQs,
c_associatedFAQs, Entity Relationship - One Way, validation set to only FAQs
In Media Section:
- Job Photo,
- Job Department,
All of the corporate jobs are at the Turtlehead Tacos headquarters so you want to create a location entity for that.
- First, you will need to enable the Location entity type (since you don’t want to make this a Restaurant).
Then create the following entity (don’t forget about the entity ID!):
Entity Type: Location Name: Turtlehead Tacos Headquarters Address: Address Line 1: 100 Congress Ave City: Austin State/Region: TX Postal Code: 78701 Phone: 800-415-5555 Entity ID: hq-1
Add an Entity Template called “New Jobs” so you can apply it when you add new job entities. Include the following fields:
- Job Photo field for a default photo for those entities without one (use this URL): https://dynl.mktgcdn.com/p-sandbox/ikDP_y9n1CtAUdWjCg7AgZhcYm4XadTxjWzwKr4A84I/700x450.jpg
- Benefits field with the following options:
- Medical and Dental insurance plans
- Paid time off
- Personal development and career growth opportunities
- Fun social events
- Lots of taco eating
- Discounts on food and merchandise
- Free lunch on Mondays for your families
The file doesn’t include a column for Entity Type or Country, which are required fields for all new entities. You should either:
Make sure to set it so that any New Entities apply the “New Jobs” template.
Save the Entity Upload Configuration as “Job File”
Folder just the jobs by the Job Department field. To do this:
- Navigate to Content > Configuration and click ‘Folders’ in the sidebar.
- Click “Create Initial Structure”.
- Update the “Structure Type” to be “Entity Type Specific” and click save.
- Click into the Structure field to edit. Add a subfolder level under Jobs with the Job Department field.
- Click ‘Reorganize Folders’ and then refresh the screen once complete.
Make sure you add the field type specified in the instructions? Some common mistakes include
- Adding a field of type Complex Photo, instead of Photo
- Adding a field of type single-option select instead of multi-option select, or vice versa
- Adding a field of type multiline text instead of single-line text, or vice versa
Double check the instructions and make sure you’re adding the right field type!
Detailsfor any successful upload in your history to view the Upload Summary page. From here, you can save the Upload Configuration by naming it in the Configuration Name field and clicking save. Fun fact - you can also do things like download the original file, download a summary of your changes, or download files for any category of changes.