Templated Review Response
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- When to use templated responses
- How to create a templated response
- How to apply a templated response
Introduction to Templated Review Response
Templated Review Responses are pre-written responses that can be applied when responding to a review rather than manually typing a new response.
As a general rule of thumb, templated review responses are not the most authentic way to respond to reviews, and can even be detrimental to your goals if they are misused or overused.
However, there are certain situations where templated responses are applicable. Templated review responses can be used to help speed up workflows while still creating unique responses most of the time.
A few examples of good use cases for templated responses are below:
- A 1 star review with no review content (depending on publisher)
- 1 star review that has no substantial content “Not going back” “This place is the worst”
- A 4 or 5 star review with no review content (depending on publisher)
- 5 star review that has no substantial content “I love this place” “Can’t wait to go back”
- Highly regulated industries
In these situations where regulations restrict what you are able to respond, or where there is little customer review content to respond to, it can be efficient and effective to respond with a templated response.
How to Create a Templated Response
To create a Templated Review Response you will need to create a Text Asset.
- Navigate to the Assets tab within the Knowledge Graph tab
- Click on the + Add Asset button in the upper left hand corner and select Text
- Name your Asset (this is only visible internally to help select the template)
- Optionally pick a language — Selecting a language will ensure this template is only selectable for reviews that are identified as that language. Assets without a specific language are selectable for all reviews.
- Enter the review response content. (You can embed a field like city or author name by clicking on the small plus sign (+) in the bottom-right corner of the text box and selecting a field from the list that appears.)
- In the Usage section ensure that only the Review Response checkbox is clicked. You can do this by clicking the arrow next to Reviews and expanding the section.
- Enter a description. (this is only visible internally) Optional
- Apply labels to organize Review Response Template assets. Optional
- Select entities that you would like the Review Response Template to apply to. Optional
- Save the Asset
How to Apply a Review Response Template
Applying a Review Response Template is quick and easy! All you need to do is:
- Click to respond to a review the same way you would manually — by clicking on Respond for the corresponding view in the Response or Monitoring tabs.
- Then click on the add asset plus sign button just above the text box.
- After clicking Apply Asset you can choose from all Templated Responses that are available for that review.
- Once you click to add an asset you can click the Respond button to respond to the review with your template. Alternatively you can click on the pencil in the upper right hand corner of the text box to make edits to the template before you send it.