We are thrilled to announce our SDK v1.6.0 and our Answers Hitchhiker Theme v1.14! Together, these updates include a wide range of new and exciting features.
Here’s a high-level overview of each feature with links to the feature-specific posts:
- Collapsible Filters: On mobile for all verticals, and on desktop for verticals with maps, you can now collapse filters at the top of the results.
- Localized Maps: Easily change the language on the map to match your experience.
Self-Contained SDK Styling: All Answers styling now requires the
.yxt-Answers-componentclass, guaranteeing it’s scoped to the Answers experience.
- Support for distanceFromFilter: We’ve added a new field that returns a location’s distance from the currently selected filter (instead of the user’s current location).
- Hours Formatter: Today, the hours formatter only supports the built-in hours field. Now, you can specify any hours field.
- Answers.init now returns a Promise: The Answers init now optionally returns a promise instead of the standard callback function.
- WCAG Updates: We’ve made several WCAG updates to the autocomplete, and the no results page links now have a default focus state.
- Inner Scrolling for Options: Set a max height on filters to introduce scroll when lots of options appear.
- Result Count in onUniversalSearch: You can now access the result count per vertical in the onUniversalSearch hook.
- Polyfills No Longer Pollute Global Namespace: Previously, our polyfills had the potential to conflict with an integrator’s. This has been resolved.
- Page Speed Improvements: You can now view key page speed information in development tools. In addition, the Map component is no longer unnecessarily loaded on mobile to improve page speed.