Entities | Hitchhikers Platform
The Entities Endpoint Group allows you to retrieve, create, and update your entities stored in the Knowledge Graph. Each entity is identified using its unique identifier
id and will be returned with the fields and values stored on the entity. Field configurations vary by entity type. You can update entity field configurations by navigating to Knowledge Graph > Configuration > Entity Types in the Yext platform.
For most use cases, you’ll want to use the
Entities endpoints (list, create, get, update, delete) to manage the data in your Knowledge Graph.
- For new entities, you’ll want to make sure to include all required fields. You can also optionally do things like apply an Entity Template for default content.
- For updates to existing entities, you can choose to include all fields or just the ones that you want to update — whichever you prefer!
- For deleting entities, you can only delete entities that are not on an active subscription or feature pack, so make sure you update those services before deleting the entity.
If you are managing multiple languages per entity (e.g., you want to store both English and Spanish content on an entity), you can use the
Entity Language Profiles endpoints to both create and populate the additional language profiles. When you are retrieving additional language profiles, by default we will only return values explicitly on that language profile. If you want the fully rendered profile (including all content inherited from the primary profile), you’ll want to include the
rendered=true query parameter. You can learn more about how Multi-Language Profiles work in the Multi-Language Profiles in the Knowledge Graph training.
If you are looking to retrieve entity data for any consumer-facing use cases (like in a store locator page, or on a mobile application), make sure to use our Live API endpoints.
Note: We do not recommend creating any new integrations using our legacy Locations or Language Profiles endpoints. We will be deprecating those and new features are not added to these endpoints. They are here for reference only for existing integrations.
- Sync entities into your Knowledge Graph from your source of truth system
- Pull all or some of your entity data into other external systems