Manage Booking.com Reviews | Yext Hitchhikers Platform
Booking.com provides access to over 28 million accommodation listings in more than 228 countries and territories worldwide, including hotels, apartments, villas, hostels, and bed and breakfasts. Users can search for and book accommodations through the website or mobile app, which offers a range of features such as user reviews, maps, and price comparisons.
Monitoring reviews on Booking.com enables hotels to understand how guests perceive their services, facilities, and amenities. By paying attention to reviews, hotels can identify areas for improvement and make changes to enhance the guest experience. This can help them attract more guests and increase their revenue.
Responding to reviews shows that the hotel values guest feedback and is committed to improving the guest experience. It also provides an opportunity to address any negative feedback and resolve any issues that guests may have experienced during their stay. For more information on how to connect to Booking.com to manage reviews, see the How to Connect Booking.com and Manage Reviews help article.
To manage reviews on Booking.com with Yext, customers must have the following:
- A Booking.com Extranet Account
- Active listings on Booking.com
- For Review Monitoring: Hotel Entities with an active Review Monitoring subscription
- For Review Response: Hotel Entities with an active Review Response subscription
Booking.com reviews are scored out of 10. Customers can rate their experience in various categories, such as cleanliness, comfort, location, facilities, and service, which result in an overall score between 1-10. Yext translates the overall score of a Booking.com review to a five star format through the following process:
- Round the score to the nearest whole number
- Divide by 2
For example, a score of 8.9 will result in a rating of 4.5 stars. A score of 7.1 will result in a rating of 3.5 stars. If the overall score is below 1, the 5 star rating will always be 0.5 stars.
- The Booking.com Integration is for Review Monitoring and Response only. Yext does not currently support updating Listing information.
- Review Responses cannot be deleted through the Yext platform. To delete a response, please login directly to Booking.com. Deleted responses may take up to 1 week to be recognized within Yext.
- Responses made through Yext can take up to 24 hours to appear on Booking.com due to a manual review process required by Booking.com.