Step 2: Login to your Yext Account
To start accessing your account, you need to run
yext init. If you don’t have an account yet, follow the steps at the end of the page.
yext init. If you are using a playground account (which is in Yext’s sandbox environment), you’ll need to include the
--universeflag. If you are using a Free Trial or Production environment account, you can exclude the flag.
yext init -u sandbox
You’ll be prompted to “Create new credentials” or “Use existing credentials”. Select “Create new credentials” if you’re connecting the CLI to your account for the first time.
Create your credentials.
? Please select one of the following options Create new credentials
Next, you’ll need to input your account ID. You can find your Yext Account ID by looking in Account Settings > Personal Settings in the Account Information table or by pulling the ID out of the URL of your account after the /s/. For example:
? Enter account ID (If you do not have a Yext account, please sign up at https://www.yext.com/signup and get the acconut ID from the URL '/s/<account ID>/...') > 12345
Finish up by clicking the link to authenticate into your account.
If you are getting an authentication error, make sure that you are using the right
-u flag for your account.
Need an Account?
- Navigate to https://hitchhikers.yext.com/start-building
- Click to create a Playground Account
- Navigate to Apps > Solutions
- Choose a solution template to install. If you’re not sure which to pick, choose the Basic Template.
- Click “View Solution”
- Click “Apply” in the top right of the screen
- Enter your Account ID of your Playground Account. This can be found in the URL of your account or by going to Account Settings > Personal Settings > Account ID
- Fill in any variables when prompted
- Follow the steps to apply the changes to your account
- Now you have an account with some sample data and configuration!