Step 1: Add Yext App in Okta Admin Console
The first step of the process is to add the Yext App to the Okta Admin Console.
You can also find these instructions in Okta’s Create your Integration Developer Guide. Note that steps 9 and 10 below suggest the correct information to enter as it pertains to Yext.
- Log into the Okta admin interface.
- Navigate to the Admin Console in your Okta org by clicking Admin in the upper-right corner.
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications, then select Applications.
- Click Add Application.
- Click Create New App to start the Application Integration Wizard.
- Select Web as the platform for your integration. Web is the only supported platform for SAML 2.0 applications in the OIN.
- Select SAML 2.0 in the Sign on method section.
- Click Create.
- On the General Settings tab, enter Yext as the name for your integration and optionally upload a logo. You can also hide the integration from your end-user’s Okta dashboard or mobile app. To do this, select Do not display application icon in the Okta Mobile app.
- On the Configure SAML tab, enter:
- Single sign on URL, and the Audience URI. This can be found under Account Settings > SAML Configuration in your Yext account.
- All other settings can be left blank or at their defaults.
- In the final creation step, the Feedback tab helps Okta to understand how you want to position this application. You can either ignore this, or note that it is required to contact the vendor to enable SAML.
- Your new app should be ready for use, and the administrator should be redirected to the Sign On tab of the app details.
- In the Sign On tab of the app details, there should be a section that says, “SAML 2.0 is not configured until you complete the setup instructions.” Click the View Setup Instructions button in that section.