If you’re already a Hitchhiker, log in to access this content.
Escalate Listings| Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- When to escalate Unavailable Listing issues to Support
- How to escalate Unavailable
- Process overview and what to expect
Sometimes you may need more help troubleshooting listing issues. If that happens, our Support team and Publisher Operations teams are here to help you make the most out of your investment. If you’ve purchased Premier Support, you can select one or more unavailable listings in the Location Listings table and choose Select Action > Escalate Issues.
What happens when you escalate an issue?
When you choose to escalate an issue, we’ll provide information on what will happen to each listing you chose to escalate. For example, it may look something like this:
It is important to review the information in the dialog box, as this will tell you how many listings will be sent to Yext, how many require your input to resolve, how many are not actionable, and how many have already been escalated.
Only Yext-actionable issues will be sent to Yext. So in the example above there are 260 total unavailable listings, 8 require customer action, 12 are not actionable, and 17 were already escalated, so 223 issues will be escalated to Yext.
Once issues are escalated, it will display an Issue Escalated message under the Unavailable status for each escalated listing. The Issue Escalated indicator will reset once the listing status is updated. Until the indicator is reset, listings can only be escalated once.
Basically, we’ll triage the selected listings into the following buckets:
- Will be sent to Yext: Escalated Issues to be sent to Yext.
- Require your input to resolve: Listings that require your input, not Yext’s, to resolve. These tend to be data issues that must be fixed in the Knowledge Graph or Linked Account Issues.
- Are not actionable: Unactionable Listings are left as-is since there is no action to take.
- Were previously escalated: Issues that have already been escalated and are still under review
Our team will then get to work on any of the Escalated Issues sent to Yext. The resolution time varies greatly. If the issue is something that is under our control, it could take 1-3 days to resolve. If the issue is something that the publisher must fix in their systems, it could take days or weeks to resolve. You can check in with the Support team or your Client Success Manager on the ticket if you have any questions.