If you’re already a Hitchhiker, log in to access this content.
Points & Badges| Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- How to earn points
- How to earn badges
- How to earn streaks
- How ranks work
How to Earn Points
You’ve probably noticed that you’ve already started earning some! As you engage with the training content and the Community, you will earn points and badges to demonstrate and show off your progress.
Points are earned through a variety of different ways, the most common being completing training modules, quizzes, and challenges. You can also earn points by interacting with the Community, attending Hitchhikers events, or engaging in other activities.
Here’s a breakdown:
- Completing a unit: 20 points
- Completing a challenge: 100 points
- Attending an online event or office hours session: 42 points
- Creating a new topic in the Community: 10 points
- Responding to a post in the Community: 5 points
- Uploading an avatar to the Community: 42 points
One important thing to note is that although you can submit the quizzes and challenges as many times as needed, you will receive fewer points for each retry, so we recommend reading the content carefully to ensure maximum points!
How to Earn Badges
You will earn a badge for every track you complete. For many Hitchhikers, the main goal of the training will be to obtain badges, as this demonstrates full knowledge of a topic or product area.
Keep an eye out — once you finish this intro track, you will see your first badge in your account!
How to Earn Streaks
Streaks are a great way to track your progress on a regular cadence. There are three different streaks you can earn as you complete training:
- Daily Quiz Streak: Consecutive days you have completed one full quiz. This can be a unit or module quiz. Missing a day will result in losing this streak.
- Quiz Accuracy Streak: Consecutive quizzes where you have gotten all the questions correct on the first try. Getting a question incorrect will result in losing this streak.
- Weekly Challenge Streak: Consecutive weeks in which you have completed a challenge. Challenges can be found at the end of most modules. Missing a week will result in losing this streak.
Each streak is represented by an icon and will be showcased in your Profile and the Leaderboard.
Lastly, you can share badges and streaks on social media. From your Profile, hover over the badge and click on the desired social media icon to post.
How Ranks Work
All of these points and badges will add up, and as you earn more, you will see that you will achieve new “ranks”. These ranks will enable you to unlock certain benefits.
We have 7 ranks and each correspond to a set of points earned:
Higher ranks equate to even more great benefits. Keep gaining points to unlock these Yext rewards!
Some benefits include:
- Sneak peek webinars for product releases
- Exclusive events
- Access to Yext product experts
- And much more…
As you acquire more points and badges, you will always be able to track your progress. You can click on your name in the top right corner to see your rank, the total number of points and badges you have, and the points needed to get to the next rank level.