Data Model Example - Healthcare| Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- Common entity types used in Healthcare data model
- How data is modeled in example scenarios
Common Entity Types in Healthcare
There are a lot of types that are common in healthcare accounts, this includes:
- Healthcare Professionals - this can be used for Doctors, Nurses or other medical professionals that you want to store or sync
- Healthcare Facilities - this can be used for Hospitals, Urgent Cares, Specialized Departments, or other facilities that employ Healthcare Professionals
- Jobs - this can be used for available or featured jobs at Healthcare facilities or at corporate offices
- FAQs - this can be used to store common patient or visitor questions and answers to help cut down on support costs and improve patient experience
- Events - this can be used for any events or classes that a health system provides
- Specialties (Custom) - many healthcare customers choose to create a custom type for Specialties if they want to have landing Pages or Answers cards for the Specialties of their healthcare professionals (e.g., Cardiology or Dermatology)
- Conditions (Custom) - many healthcare customers choose to create a custom type for Conditions if they want to have landing Pages or Answers cards for common conditions their healthcare professionals treat (e.g., Knee Pain or Melanoma)
- Procedures (Custom) - many healthcare customers choose to create a custom type for Procedures if they want to have landing Pages or Answers cards for common procedures their healthcare professionals perform (e.g., Appendectomy or Mohs Surgery)
A healthcare system wants to:
- List their Doctors, Hospitals, Urgent Cares, and Departments
- Build pages for Doctors, Nurses, Urgent Cares, and Specialties. They want FAQs to appear on the pages for Urgent Cares & Specialties but they do not want standalone FAQ pages.
- Feature Doctors, Nurses, Hospitals, Urgent Cares, Departments, Patient Stories, Specialties and select Procedures performed in Answers. They do not want FAQs in Answers.
We would model their account with:
- Healthcare Professional (Doctors, Nurses)
- Healthcare Facility (Hospitals, Urgent Cares, Departments) (with FAQ field)
- Specialty (with FAQ field)
- Patient Story
Here’s what their graph might look like:
Sign up for Hitchhikers to start earning points!
If you're already a Hitchhiker, log in to access this content.