Building an API Integration with Yext| Hitchhikers Platform
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- Build options (Yext built or Client built)
- How to get started
The first thing you should know about building an API Integration with Yext is that you can either build it yourself with your own development resources (and support from our team), or you can pay Yext to build it for you.
If you are interested in paying for a Yext-built API Integration, please consult your Client Success Manager.
For all of the information that you need to get started building your own API, please visit our Documentation Hub at hitchhikers.yext.com/docs.
You should always start by scoping out the type of integration you want to build (read vs write, analytics related vs entity data), determining which of our APIs is relevant, and then following the proper guides in our developer documentation (listed below)
Once you have determined the scope of your integration and which API you want to leverage, you can get started by following the instructions here in our Get Started guide. These instructions are also briefly summarized below (please refer directly to the developer documentation for the full instructions):
1. Create a developer account. It’s best practice to build and test integrations in a sandbox environment. Once your integration is properly QA’ed you can easily switch your calls over to the production environment.
To initiate integration QA with the Yext Team, please reach out to your Client Success Manager or submit a Support request and select Developers in the ‘What area of the platform do you need help with?’ section.
2. Create an App in the Developer Console. Learn more about Apps and the Developer Console here!
3. Get your API key from your newly created app.
4. Send your first API Get request.