Save time configuring accounts and build more powerful and functional apps for the App Directory with the new Apps with Configuration feature. You can now add configuration resources to your apps to automatically install configuration in accounts.
This feature unlocks so many new possibilities. You can create an app that installs premade entity types or Answers configurations for an account. Partners can also leverage this to apply the configuration to sub-accounts.
To create an App:
- Navigate to your Developer account. Or click here to create one!
- Click on the + New App button.
- Enter the App Name, contact details and the API you would like to leverage with this App.
- Enter any additional App Details like App Type.
- Add an account configuration by clicking Import from Github and entering a Github link.
Once you enter the link you will see the resources that are intended to be applied to the account upon installation — this can include Page Builder templates, Answers experiences, entities, saved filters — anything that is included in the Configuration Resources documentation.
Once you create an app, you can either keep it as a ‘private app’ that you will leverage within your own account, or you can submit it to be included in the Yext App Directory — making it a ‘public app’ that can be used by anyone.
For full steps to create a guide, visit the Create an App developer guide.
Have any feedback or questions? Leave us a note in the Community here.