With the October ‘21 Release, Hotel entity types now have 39 new sustainability built-in fields that can be added to the Knowledge Graph. These fields allow Hotels to store information that pertains to a Hotel’s Energy Efficiency, Water Conservation, Waste Management, Sustainable Source Efforts, and Sustainable Certifications.
You can add these fields to the Knowledge Graph and they will be sent to each listings publisher once the fields are accepted. The Listings team will provide updates as these fields become more widely available on publishers.
To add these fields in the Knowledge Graph:
- Click Knowledge Graph in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Hotel entity you would like to edit, or select a set of entities to edit multiple entities at once.
- Click on any of the Sustainability sections in the left sidebar.
- Click on the sustainability field you would like to edit and select your desired option from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
To turn on this feature in your Production account, you can fill out this form here and select “Hotel Sustainability Fields” from the list of features.
Below is a complete list of the sustainability fields that can be filled out in the Knowledge Graph:
- Energy Conservation Program
- Independent Organization Audits Energy Use
- Carbon-Free Energy Sources
- Energy Efficient Heating and Cooling Systems
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Energy-Saving Thermostats
- Independent Organization Audits Water Use
- Water Saving Sinks
- Water Saving Toilets
- Water Saving Showers
- Towel Reuse Program
- Linen Reuse Program
- Recycling Program
- Food Waste Reduction Program
- Donates Excess Food
- Composts Excess Food
- Soap Donation Program
- Toiletry Donation Program
- Safely Handles Hazardous Substances
- Safely Disposes Electronics
- Safely Disposes Batteries
- Safely Disposes Lightbulbs
- Refillable Toiletry Containers
- Water Bottle Filling Stations
- Compostable Food Containers and Cutlery
- Styrofoam Food Containers Banned
- Single Use Plastic Water Bottles Banned
- Single Use Plastic Straws Banned
- Responsible Purchasing Policy
- Organic Food and Beverages
- Locally Sourced Food and Beverages
- Responsibly Sources Seafood
- Organic Cage-Free Eggs
- Vegetarian Meals Available
- Vegan Meals Available
- Eco-Friendly Toiletries
- BREEAM Rating
- LEED Rating
- Eco Certifications