Sending Review Generation Invitations
What You’ll Learn
In this section, you will learn:
- How to send a single review generation invite
- How to send review generation invites in bulk
- Other ways to generate reviews
Sending Invites through the Yext platform
When sending invitations to request reviews through the Yext platform, you have the option to send one at a time for specific one-off requests, or you can send multiple invites at once by uploading a spreadsheet. If you wish to use an API you can also use the Review Invitations: Create API endpoint.
To send invites from the Yext platform, navigate to the Reviews tab and click on the Generation sub-tab. From there, click on the Send Invitations button. Here you can choose between sending multiple invites or sending a single invite.
Send a Single Invite
- Click Send a Single Invite.
- Select the location you would like to generate a review for.
- Enter the recipient’s name.
- Enter the recipient’s contact information (email address or phone number).
- If you are sending a text, select or deselect the checkbox to indicate whether you would like to include a photo with the text message. Note that including a photo will use an additional two text message units from your quota. (More details on this in the Review Generation Settings unit).
- Select the desired email or SMS template from the drop-down.
- If applicable, select the language of the review invite. Click Send Invite.
Send Multiple Invites
If you choose to send multiple invites, you will upload a spreadsheet of the contact info of your recipients and the Entity ID of the entity to be reviewed. The multiple invites option also allows you to send both emails and text messages in the same upload.
To send multiple invites:
Click Send Multiple Invites.
For an example of the upload format you can click on the Download Template link to download the review generation upload template.
In the spreadsheet, you need to fill in the required information, including:
- Store ID or Entity ID of the entity the customer should review
- Customer’s first and last name
- Customer’s phone number or email address
You will also have optional settings based on the type of invitation you are sending (email or text message), such as:
- Template ID: Enter the template ID for the desired email/SMS layout, or leave this blank to use your default template.
- Image: This only applies to text message invites. Type the letter Y to include the business logo in the text message. Otherwise, leave this column blank.
- Label ID: The ID for any labels you would like to automatically apply to the generated review.
- Language: The language of the review generation invite (if you leave this blank it will default to English.)
Additional information for each of the spreadsheet settings are outlined directly in the platform.
Once your file is ready, click Choose File to upload the file, then click Continue, and click Send Invites to send the review requests.
Note: Yext limits the number of invites (email or text) that can get sent from an account per day. If you go over the limit, we will hold the invite until the following day. You will learn more about the Review Generation settings in the next unit.
Sending Invites via API
Many brands choose to leverage Yext review generation by integrating with another system, such as a Point-of-Sale system which tracks the contact info of customers. In this scenario, some time after a customer transacts with a business, the business wants to automatically send a review invitation. Rather than exporting the customer data and uploading it through the Yext UI, the business could send a request to the Review Invitations: Create endpoint, which will trigger an invitation to be sent.
Other Ways to Generate Reviews
Review Generation URL
Another way to generate reviews is through the Review Generation URL. Each entity that is configured to generate reviews has a unique Review Generation URL that customers can visit to leave a review.
The Review Generation URL is normally distributed through our built-in email and text messaging system in Review Generation, but we encourage you to share this URL with customers in more ways in order to generate even more reviews. For example, this link can be used in other email communications, on receipts, etc.
The Review Generation URL is a shortened version of the First Party Review Page. The URL for First Party Review Page is hosted in the First Party Review Page field in the Knowledge Graph. You can view the URL in Entity Edit directly, pull it via the API or export using Entity Export.
We also have a partnership with certain App Directory partners that can make your Review Generation processes more seamless. For example, we have integrations with Salesforce and Hubspot. To view the apps that may be helpful with Review Generation, click Apps in the top navigation bar, and click Review Generation in the sidebar.